The Beginning of the End, II
On Tuesday I received the call. The office of the prosecutor called to schedule my deposition. For months now, I've been waiting for this call. A call, or a knock at the door to deliver a subpoena. Can you imagine? Every time the doorbell rang, each time I saw a stranger walk down the street, I thought it might be the subpoena. Every time the mail came, I wondered, "is it here?" A phone call wasn't really what I expected, though it did cross my mind sometimes. In any case, the summons finally came via phone and to my surprise, I feel relieved.
I am so relieved that the endless waiting is over.
I feel relieved that the trial is going to proceed. I was beginning to fear that it would be delayed again.
It's so hard to live with relentless dread. A dark cloud hanging over me, constantly on my mind. And now, at last, I believe it might come to an end. I need this to end.
So my deposition is scheduled for today. Only 48 hours from time I received the phone call, a blessing. Only 48 hours to fret and worry. And my dear doctor refilled my xanax. I am well-supplied, but I hope I won't need to use it. Maybe just one today, to take the edge off. I took two yesterday and it put me to sleep, so just one today, that's my limit.
Today I will relive the crime. I will relive the despair and the anguish of the events leading up to the crime, the shock, and the aftermath. I am just another victim. One of many.
I am so relieved that the endless waiting is over.
I feel relieved that the trial is going to proceed. I was beginning to fear that it would be delayed again.
It's so hard to live with relentless dread. A dark cloud hanging over me, constantly on my mind. And now, at last, I believe it might come to an end. I need this to end.
So my deposition is scheduled for today. Only 48 hours from time I received the phone call, a blessing. Only 48 hours to fret and worry. And my dear doctor refilled my xanax. I am well-supplied, but I hope I won't need to use it. Maybe just one today, to take the edge off. I took two yesterday and it put me to sleep, so just one today, that's my limit.
Today I will relive the crime. I will relive the despair and the anguish of the events leading up to the crime, the shock, and the aftermath. I am just another victim. One of many.

3 Comments:
I don't know what the tragedy that has changed your life is, but I want you to know that the kind comments that you and your sister leave on my blog have have made me smile, have made me continue writing, which has changed my life in ways I can't begin to describe. I hope you find strength, and peace. I wish I could give it to you.
I hope today quelled your fears somewhat. The beginning is almost over.
I'm glad that you feel relieved! "time my dear" ...
by the way, yes we do use the expression "cute as a button" .. and she is and a hard worker too!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home