Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Recovering Christmas

It was a merry Christmas. This recovering witness needs to concentrate on the "recovery" part of the equation for now, especially since the trial is a long, long 153 days away.

My little family had a busy and exhausting celebration. As always, the marathon began on Christmas Eve at 5:00 and didn't end until 11:00 pm on Christmas night. Thirty hours of fun, food, games, presents, Santa, singing, family, and joy.

Kathleen: "This is the best Christmas I ever had!"
David: "It wasn't a good Christmas, it was a GREAT Christmas."
Michael: "I didn't get the one thing I wanted most." (Proving that you can't win 'em all.)

Throughout the day, I thought of my old friend, sitting in jail. And I wondered how he was doing, this second Christmas behind bars. I thought of my friend, Jennie, celebrating her second Christmas in the company of all the angels. I thought of their kids, getting through another Christmas without parents.

What a sad contrast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home