Friday, December 01, 2006

This has nothing to do with the f---ing trial

Hot damn! My arm hurts! I was silly enough to consent to a flu shot today and I am paying the price. Sure, it seemed reasonable, even brave at the time. I was dispensing shots at a spectacular rate, telling my patients how "easy" it is; how it won't hurt a bit. "And if it gets a little achey later" I said (ever so smugly) "just take some Motrin."

Well, friends, I have had 1,400 mg. of Motrin since 2:00 this afternoon and I'm suffering. Big time. Motrin v. flu shot...let's just say it's no contest.

This is worse than my tetanus shot!

How am I supposed to continue injecting these godawful implements of torture with a clear conscience?

It won't be easy. For one thing my arm hurts too much to lift a syringe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Baron Ectar said...

Motrin v. flu shot <<<< Does not sound sexy at all - and thanks so much for the info - my own personal nurse (my sis's partner) gave me mine this morning!

I would love to link to you from my blog - would that be ok? I know that this is your private feelings on here - but I have some awesome blog friends that you may find comfort from.

You are right about Laurita - we should build her a snow castle and make her live in it in the back yard!!! But we will keep her kids inside with us!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Canoes under my shoes said...

Can you save three doses for your lazy assed sister and her two children who haven't managed to get in a shot yet this winter?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Baron Ectar said...

Building that snow hut for you as I type laurita!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Baron Ectar said...

Hey I changed my mind - lets not build her that hut - she can build her own - TOUGH LOVE - BABY!

9:54 PM  
Blogger JoviFan said...

When I lived in Germany, I had a flu shot at work. Some doctor came to the school and had had the stuff with her. She literally lifted the needle up about three feet overhead and jammed it down into my arm with blunt force. When she was finished, she asked me, "Oh, you are right handed, no?" To this I replied, "No, I'm left handed." She contemplated this for a moment and then said, "Ya...I have just given you a shot in the left arm. This will hurt for many days." She was right.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home