I am happy today! HAPPY!
Normally when it's snowy and icy here in the Midwest, I am stuck in the house. Sure, I can get around in my car, but I can't walk. There's a beautiful park very close to my house with a 1.3 mile trail around its perimeter. I love to walk that trail. Especially now, when I'm trying to lose weight. However, trail is treacherous when it's icy. UNTIL NOW!
I found a product called "Yaktrax." It is a rubber contraption with metal spring-thingies that attaches to the bottom of your shoe. I was skeptic. But I bought a pair anyway and...YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I walked that trail no problemo! It was a beautiful day, cold as hell, but the snow was sparkling and the ice was crunching, and I was free! Free to walk my trail. Did I mention how happy that makes me?
The other reason I am happy today: The kids went to school. Yes, all four children are in school, at the same time, and I am not working today. That is the golden combination: Kids at school, mom at home. Boy, do I have some catching up to do. I will clean, do laundry, run errands, and maybe read some more of my delightful book club selection: "The Sex Lives of Cannibals, Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific." And it will be bliss because I will not have to listen to one minute of Cartoon Network droning in the background.
Happy, happy day.
Normally when it's snowy and icy here in the Midwest, I am stuck in the house. Sure, I can get around in my car, but I can't walk. There's a beautiful park very close to my house with a 1.3 mile trail around its perimeter. I love to walk that trail. Especially now, when I'm trying to lose weight. However, trail is treacherous when it's icy. UNTIL NOW!
I found a product called "Yaktrax." It is a rubber contraption with metal spring-thingies that attaches to the bottom of your shoe. I was skeptic. But I bought a pair anyway and...YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I walked that trail no problemo! It was a beautiful day, cold as hell, but the snow was sparkling and the ice was crunching, and I was free! Free to walk my trail. Did I mention how happy that makes me?
The other reason I am happy today: The kids went to school. Yes, all four children are in school, at the same time, and I am not working today. That is the golden combination: Kids at school, mom at home. Boy, do I have some catching up to do. I will clean, do laundry, run errands, and maybe read some more of my delightful book club selection: "The Sex Lives of Cannibals, Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific." And it will be bliss because I will not have to listen to one minute of Cartoon Network droning in the background.
Happy, happy day.

3 Comments:
and mine is so so crappy...
keep on enjoying the HAPPY!
TB
Cool. Are they like cleats? Removable cleats? You must show me next time I'm around.
Hmmm. What's it like to not have to listen to Cartoon Network in the background? To me, it sounds like they're playing on the PS2 instead....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home