Anybody Out There?
I remember one day, a long time ago, when I was driving to Westport with my dad, and suddenly he says, "I've found something more precious than gold!" It was a parking spot.
I feel the same way this morning. I've found a couple of quiet minutes. The kids are all sleeping. Swim team was canceled due to rain. It's just me and the birds, having breakfast and blogging. (OK, the birds aren't blogging, but wouldn't that be cute if they were?)
We are having such a good summer. Busy as hell. But good. Here's a quick snapshot: Little MJ in his baseball uniform, hot afternoons at the pool, summer camp, evening walks, National Boys Play Outside Day, lake weekends, movie nights, staying up late, catching lightning bugs, flowers and tomatoes and basil, oh my! Grill Queen, driving with the windows down, Anna the lifeguard, baby showers, road trip to Chicago and St. Louis, art lessons, baking cookies, selling lemonade... The list goes on and on.
How blessed, how lucky am I.
Even if I'm not posting much, I'm keeping up with my blog friends. Especially mac.Nants, who's getting married this weekend. And Cookie's trials and tribulations in the guard house, Kairu's culinary and literary adventures, Frida's Bean, FoilNews, Miss Wynizzle, and a certain Stranger's meanderings. And then there are certain net.friends who shall remain nameless, who used to blog, but don't anymore, (you know who you are, MPM.) I hope everybody else is having a great summer, too.
And now I hear little footsteps overhead. My goal today: Make sure the kids put on clothes. They've been wearing their bathing suits for several days in a row. I don't know. It just seems like clothes should be worn from time to time.
I feel the same way this morning. I've found a couple of quiet minutes. The kids are all sleeping. Swim team was canceled due to rain. It's just me and the birds, having breakfast and blogging. (OK, the birds aren't blogging, but wouldn't that be cute if they were?)
We are having such a good summer. Busy as hell. But good. Here's a quick snapshot: Little MJ in his baseball uniform, hot afternoons at the pool, summer camp, evening walks, National Boys Play Outside Day, lake weekends, movie nights, staying up late, catching lightning bugs, flowers and tomatoes and basil, oh my! Grill Queen, driving with the windows down, Anna the lifeguard, baby showers, road trip to Chicago and St. Louis, art lessons, baking cookies, selling lemonade... The list goes on and on.
How blessed, how lucky am I.
Even if I'm not posting much, I'm keeping up with my blog friends. Especially mac.Nants, who's getting married this weekend. And Cookie's trials and tribulations in the guard house, Kairu's culinary and literary adventures, Frida's Bean, FoilNews, Miss Wynizzle, and a certain Stranger's meanderings. And then there are certain net.friends who shall remain nameless, who used to blog, but don't anymore, (you know who you are, MPM.) I hope everybody else is having a great summer, too.
And now I hear little footsteps overhead. My goal today: Make sure the kids put on clothes. They've been wearing their bathing suits for several days in a row. I don't know. It just seems like clothes should be worn from time to time.

5 Comments:
You are SO lucky!! What a wonderful description! Soon I'll have more than just one to report about!!! Can't wait. Whenever I have doubts, or moments of, how am I going to manage, I think of you, and get excited for this little bean to come, so I can have lots of stories like yours.
Love
FF
When are you road tripping to Chicago? I was thinking of taking Stephanie up and taking the train. Wouldn't that be fun?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yes, this is a good but busy summer. I kept thinking that I'd have more time to blog now that school was out for me, but I seem to have less. We're always out doing something, or at least in doing something. I've had a few "silent reading time" days that was inspired by a previous post of yours, and that has worked great with getting Ariana to read more. Jared is still a beginning reader, so I either read to him or he picks up a book and looks at pictures/puzzles out a few things.
Hey... I'm really worried about Laura.. Looks like her blog got canned. I don't really care about the blog, but Laura has been an ifriend for a few years, now, and it's not like her to just pull the plug like that without warning.
I understand you may not be able to reply publicly. I tried e-mailing Laura (I have the addy), and still no reply.
Could someone please access my site (Madam Tinkertoy's) and shoot me an e-mail as to wtf is going on?
Is she OK?
Anything I/we can do?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home