Hi. I'm a dork.

This may be the dorkiest thing I've ever admitted, but here it is: I think it would be fun to be a Civil War nurse in one of those reenactments!
Little MJ's Cub Scout meeting tonight was a presentation by a Civil War reenactor. He had all these authentic Civil War medical implements, and he talked at length about how they were used. First of all, I love history, and it would really kick ass to get to wear one of those old nurse costumes! The presenter told me they're looking for nurses and I'm sorely tempted. I think I'll take the kids to one of the reenactments this weekend and check it out. I doubt I really have the time, but you never know. The presenter said the nurses get to assist the surgeons in the battlefield hospitals, and one of the things they get to do is to operate the syringes which squirt stage blood all over everything. Now -- am I crazy, or would that be a ton o' fun?

2 Comments:
That would be SO AWESOME.
I used to work for two artists who did nineteenth-century photography, and they had some friends and students who were Civil War reenactors. Reenactors *and* daguerrotypists. They were really cool.
I don't know if you watch the tv show "Psych," but it is my absolute most favorite tv show, and my most favorite episode is from the first season, when a murder happens during the rehearsal for a big Civil War Reenactment.
DO. IT. And then post pictures of you in your hot Civil War Nurse uniform.
Yes...you are a DORK!! But that's ok. We'll keep you around. There's room for a big dork in our world.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home