Day to day
My poor little MJ is so sick. In fact, he's been sick for quite a while. He came down with a fever before Christmas. The only other symptom: he is cranky as hell. I thought he was better on Christmas Eve, but last night he spiked a temp of 103. Today he's cooking at 102.
Kathleen has a sore throat.
The other two are fine so far. Unless you count the fact that David is on week five of antibiotics for a sinus infection.
We were going to have our Chicago friends over for dinner tonight, but they don't want their kids exposed to this nasty virus. I can't blame them. So we're going to run down to the Plaza for dinner instead. This is a bit of a blessing because I don't have to try and clean my house and cook with sick kids lying around. It will be much easier to go out. Unfortunately, I have already defrosted four very nice KC strips. What am I going to do with four steaks? My crazy kids won't eat steak. Anybody want some nice KC strip steak? We receive these steaks every year for Christmas, and it is -- without a doubt -- some of the best meat I have ever tasted. Last year we didn't eat them all so I still have two left from that batch which will have to be eaten soon.
Maybe I should try the Atkins diet again. Six steaks should last me a day or two.
Kathleen has a sore throat.
The other two are fine so far. Unless you count the fact that David is on week five of antibiotics for a sinus infection.
We were going to have our Chicago friends over for dinner tonight, but they don't want their kids exposed to this nasty virus. I can't blame them. So we're going to run down to the Plaza for dinner instead. This is a bit of a blessing because I don't have to try and clean my house and cook with sick kids lying around. It will be much easier to go out. Unfortunately, I have already defrosted four very nice KC strips. What am I going to do with four steaks? My crazy kids won't eat steak. Anybody want some nice KC strip steak? We receive these steaks every year for Christmas, and it is -- without a doubt -- some of the best meat I have ever tasted. Last year we didn't eat them all so I still have two left from that batch which will have to be eaten soon.
Maybe I should try the Atkins diet again. Six steaks should last me a day or two.

4 Comments:
It is so good to see you with company and enjoying them - nice to take your mind off things.
Are you sure them are KC Strips - now you know that I have cattle and I am in KC - show me the money!
Happy New Years!
Baron, I think they're KC Strips. What do you know about KansasCitySteaks.com, aka "Kansas City Steak Company"? That's where they're from. Yummmmmmmmy. Are these your cattle? I hate to think I'm eating your little friends, but they're so, so tasty.
I'll eat steak! I can help you unload that terrible burden!
Tacoboy loves steak--gotta love steak tacos...what a problem to have. :)
Ya, drive them over to LJS...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home