Birds, Flowers & Nude Women
Another weekend passes uneventfully.
We rented a really good movie last night. It was called "Mrs. Henderson Presents." What a great show! Judi Dench is fabulous as the wealthy Mrs. Henderson who decides she is "bored" with widowhood about two hours into it. After dabbling in the charity circuit, she changes direction and rehabs an old theatre in London's West End. Eventually ticket sales slack off, until Mrs. Henderson decides to feature nude women in each production. It was so nice to see Dench's portrayal of a spunky, funny, passionate and spontaneous woman in her 70's. A woman with a healthy interest in sex, and not necessarily as an observer. Juanita heartily recommends this movie.
Today I went to the Metropolitan Garden Show with my boss. Ohhhhhh! I spent so much money. Bad Juanita. I bought 30 caladium and ten lilies, and a couple of bird ornaments. One is a little trellis with a bird on top. The other is a darling little iron bird figurine. Birds make me happy. Especially my Bird.
And now it's Sunday night and I'm working tomorrow. For some reason, my neck is killing me, even after ten Advil (that's 2,000 mg.!) since noon. Maybe I can work all day without turning my head or looking down.
106 Days. Time flies.
We rented a really good movie last night. It was called "Mrs. Henderson Presents." What a great show! Judi Dench is fabulous as the wealthy Mrs. Henderson who decides she is "bored" with widowhood about two hours into it. After dabbling in the charity circuit, she changes direction and rehabs an old theatre in London's West End. Eventually ticket sales slack off, until Mrs. Henderson decides to feature nude women in each production. It was so nice to see Dench's portrayal of a spunky, funny, passionate and spontaneous woman in her 70's. A woman with a healthy interest in sex, and not necessarily as an observer. Juanita heartily recommends this movie.
Today I went to the Metropolitan Garden Show with my boss. Ohhhhhh! I spent so much money. Bad Juanita. I bought 30 caladium and ten lilies, and a couple of bird ornaments. One is a little trellis with a bird on top. The other is a darling little iron bird figurine. Birds make me happy. Especially my Bird.
And now it's Sunday night and I'm working tomorrow. For some reason, my neck is killing me, even after ten Advil (that's 2,000 mg.!) since noon. Maybe I can work all day without turning my head or looking down.
106 Days. Time flies.

4 Comments:
Juanita,
It seems that you are having bits of enjoyable time in your life again. : )
I envy all of those wonderful flowers you bought. It is snowing here today (on top of about 8 inches) Spring IS coming right??
I loved that movie and I cant wait to see it again. Where oh where are you planting the flowers.
Ten Advil? Damn, I bet your liver is scared to talk back to you at this point! It sounds like you've beaten it into submission :) Alex's neck has also been bothering him. The doc gave him some muscle relaxers, and they work, but they also make him very sleepy. So, he has to use them carefully. I hope you are feeling all better by now!
Juanita...go to the chiropractors!!!
:)
Baron, you could probably walk to Juanita's house and see her garden in the spring. I think we should all meet at Panera on the Plaza some day.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home