Food & Snow
Well...it snowed again. Yeah, that pissed me off.
And I'm having a difficult food week. That's pissing me off, too. We went to dinner theatre last night. I ate more than I should have, but I skipped the bread. I did not have a beer, or two, or three. I skipped the mashed potatoes. The point is that I did much better than I ever have in the past. (We have season tickets.) I have to focus on that success. I wasn't perfect, but I was much improved.
Tonight we're going to a charity auction. There's always lots and lots of good food there, which makes me nervous. I will simply have to focus on buying things! I've gotten some really good stuff at this auction in the past. In fact, it's my favorite auction. At least I'll get some exercise, walking from table to table keeping tabs on my bids.
Speaking of exercise, this snow is screwing me up. There's so much snow that my Yak Trax are useless. I'll get some exercise today when I shovel, but that's not enough.
Sigh.
Focus on the long term: I will lose weight eventually if I just stick to it. Which I will!
New topic: I told my husband that I need a new car. I want a new car before summer. I don't shop for cars because that's a man job. He seemed receptive to the idea of getting a new car, although it will have to wait until his busy season is over. I don't care about cars, I'm not one of those people that puts a lot of stock in cars. But my current car has 102,000 miles on it, and is a 1997 model. It's time to move on.
Next new topic: Why don't my kids eat their damn candy? Are they trying to torture me?
Final new topic: Only 100 days until the trial.
And I'm having a difficult food week. That's pissing me off, too. We went to dinner theatre last night. I ate more than I should have, but I skipped the bread. I did not have a beer, or two, or three. I skipped the mashed potatoes. The point is that I did much better than I ever have in the past. (We have season tickets.) I have to focus on that success. I wasn't perfect, but I was much improved.
Tonight we're going to a charity auction. There's always lots and lots of good food there, which makes me nervous. I will simply have to focus on buying things! I've gotten some really good stuff at this auction in the past. In fact, it's my favorite auction. At least I'll get some exercise, walking from table to table keeping tabs on my bids.
Speaking of exercise, this snow is screwing me up. There's so much snow that my Yak Trax are useless. I'll get some exercise today when I shovel, but that's not enough.
Sigh.
Focus on the long term: I will lose weight eventually if I just stick to it. Which I will!
New topic: I told my husband that I need a new car. I want a new car before summer. I don't shop for cars because that's a man job. He seemed receptive to the idea of getting a new car, although it will have to wait until his busy season is over. I don't care about cars, I'm not one of those people that puts a lot of stock in cars. But my current car has 102,000 miles on it, and is a 1997 model. It's time to move on.
Next new topic: Why don't my kids eat their damn candy? Are they trying to torture me?
Final new topic: Only 100 days until the trial.

6 Comments:
See, I told you, it's often a grass is always greener situation, I read about your snow and get quite envious too! :) It'll be hot and sunny soon enough...enjoy the snow (if you can...)
Some of the kids I tutor still have their HALLOWEEN candy sitting around. I swear, I don't know how mothers do it. I would've snuck into my kids stash long, long ago. "Sorry, honey, if you don't eat your candy QUICKLY, Mommy will have to eat it for you." (How's that for a surefire way to instill some eating issues in your kids?)
Hang in there!
if theres sweeties going spare, ill eat em!
I remember distinctly going to your husband's house when we were younger and there being Easter candy around...in August. That'd never have happened in OUR house.
You know, some of the kids' candy stuff I can ignore if it's in the house. I can ignore milk chocolate, but not dark chocolate, for instance. However, I have this sort of "it's not mine" noble ethic that prevents me from eating the candy even when they are at their dad's house.
That's why it would make it easier if they just claimed all the food in the house so that I could then ignore it.
You know, if it's me I have no willpower. I would have had the wine (not beer, though, as I can resist beer...just not wine). I would have eaten the potato in whatever form it presented itself (TURN DOWN POTATOES? How does one do that?). And turn down bread??? Really? People DO that???? You should be proud of your accomplishments that way. I am acutely aware of how hard that is. Seriously. I can't resist carbs. You did a great job!
This snow is killing me - hey tell them kids to send some candy my way - I ate all mine!
Last Hallowe'en I gave it a couple weeks, and then chucked it, as I was eating way too much of it!
Once the snow clears you'll be more active, hang in there.
Also, congrats on making healthier choices, they may not be "perfect" choices, but you improved from previous times, so that makes them perfect for that night!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home