Birthday Girl
Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday dear Jennifer. Happy birthday to me. That's the song I heard in my head this morning. Why? Because it's my birthday!
A good thing has happened already. I reached my goal weight today! Yahoooooo! I don't know if I've ever really reached my goal weight before. Now I have to navigate the birthday smorgasboard which will include Andre's lemon cake and Smokestack BBQ. But that's cool. You gotta live a little, right?
I have my meeting with the trainer over at the Y today. They put together a workout program for you, with your own personalized goals. I'm loving that. Maybe I'll tell them that my goal is to work off a big ol' piece of lemon cake in advance.
Later I'm having lunch with my mom, and then I'm going for coffee with Tina, my sister in law.
I don't know what to expect from Paul today. He's going to surprise me since I didn't come up with a gift "suggestion." Usually I play it safe and make an iron-clad suggestion, but I wasn't into it this year. I already got a kick-ass gift from my mom, (thanks, Mom!), which is a Polar F6 heart rate monitor. It tells you how many calories you burn when you exercise which translates into one thing: MORE FOOD! Yes! I exercise because I want to eat. I'll admit it. It has nothing to do with health. It's all about the food.
I think this is going to be a good year. This witness is really starting to recover for the first time.
A good thing has happened already. I reached my goal weight today! Yahoooooo! I don't know if I've ever really reached my goal weight before. Now I have to navigate the birthday smorgasboard which will include Andre's lemon cake and Smokestack BBQ. But that's cool. You gotta live a little, right?
I have my meeting with the trainer over at the Y today. They put together a workout program for you, with your own personalized goals. I'm loving that. Maybe I'll tell them that my goal is to work off a big ol' piece of lemon cake in advance.
Later I'm having lunch with my mom, and then I'm going for coffee with Tina, my sister in law.
I don't know what to expect from Paul today. He's going to surprise me since I didn't come up with a gift "suggestion." Usually I play it safe and make an iron-clad suggestion, but I wasn't into it this year. I already got a kick-ass gift from my mom, (thanks, Mom!), which is a Polar F6 heart rate monitor. It tells you how many calories you burn when you exercise which translates into one thing: MORE FOOD! Yes! I exercise because I want to eat. I'll admit it. It has nothing to do with health. It's all about the food.
I think this is going to be a good year. This witness is really starting to recover for the first time.

5 Comments:
WOOHOO!!! I'm so proud of you for having the willpower and motivation to reach your goal weight. As a food lover who just can't give it up, I can do nothing more than admire fully and wholeheartedly anybody who has the ability to stick with a dietary plan and reach weight goals.
Happy birthday!!! There's a lot to celebrate this year, not the least of which is that you are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel...and it's NOT a train. Do tell us later what Paul picked out.
Congratulations birthday girl. You are looking tres skinnay these days.
Paul will come through. He always does. I admire your husband...was just telling Brian why last night.
Happy birthday!
happy birthday me old china
Late, but happy birthday. That would have been my 15th anniversary with the Insane Ex, so I'm glad to have a better reason to think of October 10th. Thank you. I hope this next year is a great one for you. You certainly deserve it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home