Saturday, June 14, 2008

Baby Michael is Getting Married



See Baby Michael? That's him, in the middle of this photo, with Colleen -- his bride-to-be. Baby Michael is getting married in September and we are going to a wedding shower for him tonight.

OK, OK, so he's not a baby anymore. Michael is my nephew and I've known him since way before he was born. He was such a chubby little baby, and it seems like only yesterday I was babysitting him. Now he's all grown up and getting married! How did this happen? HOW? I am so proud of him, he is truly and genuinely the nicest guy you could ever want to meet. He was president of his fraternity at the University of Missouri, Rolla, and graduated with his degree in Architectural Engineering. His first job was as project engineer on Yankee Stadium, which is where he met Colleen. She worked at the NYC office. He was offered a job in New York, but he wanted to come back to Kansas City, and here he is! He's currently working on Royal's Stadium, (his firm must specialize in sports stadiums, I'm not exactly sure.)

I'm so happy for him...and Colleen -- you're a lucky gal. If anybody is going to be crying like a baby at his wedding, it's going to be me. Baby Michael was our little ring bearer just 20 short years ago when we got married. Now he's asked our daughter Kathleen to be an altar server at his wedding.

I hope this doesn't mean I'm getting old. No. I think it has more to do with the fact that I was a child-bride.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurita said...

He is the nicest guy you'd ever meet. Colleen is a lucky, lucky girl. And he's a lucky man too. Did I just say "man"? I meant baby.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Feisty Frida said...

Definitely a child bride. You are not getting old. Cool about the full circle with the wedding stuff, really cool.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home