Dirty Laundry

I can't believe I'm saying this but my new washer & dryer work too quickly. The dryer takes 40 minutes to dry a giant load. That's barely enough time to sit my butt down and blog! I never realized how much I savored that drying time as a little break from folding all that damn laundry.
And speaking of laundry, Kathleen has pulled another ambush. Every time I ask her to clean her room, I end up with six loads of laundry from her floor.
And another thing about laundry -- Anna is using our dining room table as her personal dirty laundry hamper. It is pissing me off in a big, big way. What kind of diabolical brat throws her dirty clothes on the dining room table? Last night was especially heinous. She threw her wet swimsuit and cover up on the table. This morning the table cloth, table, and various papers were all wet. I threw her wet suit out the back door. I will continue to throw any and all dining room table laundry out the back door. She's lucky I don't throw it in the trash.
Since I'm on a roll here, I'll go ahead and bitch about the kids and the living room furniture. Why...WHY do my kids have to wrestle themselves and hang upside down to watch TV? They are never happy unless the disassemble all the pillows and contort themselves into every possible position while watching TV. I can see my new furniture disintegrate before my very eyes. Not two seconds ago I yelled at Little MJ for draping himself over the arm of the new chair, with his head on the ground and his legs and butt over the arm of the chair.
Sigh. It's going to be a long, long summer.

6 Comments:
sigh......
Sounds like what I have to go through with my daughter. She drapes herself all over the furniture, and she likes to lean on/sit on the arms of the sofa (which were definitely not meant for such activity). I can remind her, remind her, and remind her again...but she continues to do it. I don't even think it's deliberate. She just doesn't think. She also leaves her clothes wherever she strips with no thought to the concept of a hamper. Placing a hamper in her room? No, didn't help. Sometimes she changes NEXT to the hamper, and so we have clothes exactly two feet from it. Sigh.
Jared's weird, though, for a little boy. Basically, I tell him the rules...he listens to me...and then he follows them 99% of the time. I'm not sure he's actually a human child. When he was six, we visited my brother in Raleigh. When he changed into his PJs for nighttime, he carried his clothes in his arms downstairs and worriedly asked my brother and his wife where the hamper was. "I do not want to put this on the floor. I need to find the hamper" were his words. My brother (who has two teens) responded by turning to me and saying, "Your son is a freak." Yeah, but I'm happy with that fact!
Kira, you are hilarious. I wish my kids were freaks.
She IS lucky you didn't throw them in the trash. I remember Dan Ragan's shoe at the lake...
Wet dirty clothes on the dining room table? Where people have to eat? I would be so dead. And my clothes would be in the garbage.
I got into so much trouble with my mom for a worn spot on the very expensive pale-green ultrasuede sofa...until I pointed out that spot was exactly where my dad put his feet while watching tv after dinner.
I leave dirty clothes all over the apartment, like a trail. I'm trying to do better, though...I put a small hamper (just the size of a load of laundry) in my bedroom. There's just no room in my bathroom for a hamper, though, so oftentimes things just wind up on the floor behind the door...
Damn...this is why I don't have kids yet.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home