Friday, May 16, 2008

Hoop Dreams

Even as I type, I'm listening to the sounds of construction in the back yard as work continues on our new patio. We have a new 910 square-foot patio. 910 square feet didn't sound like much when we were planning it, but it's really, really, really big. The kids are going to be able to play basketball on it for sure. So far I'm happy with the way it looks. The concrete is colored, sandy tan on the majority of it, but it has a darker brown "key" where the kids play basketball. For anybody else as ignorant as me, the key is the marking on the basketball court that shows where the free throw line is, and probably denotes other stuff I don't know about. So the key is darker, along with a few other places, like the stoop. There's a stone wall around parts of it. It's kind of a cool shape. I'll have to try and post a picture sometime.

Tomorrow night I'm hosting a party for my work friends. We nurses will get together, eat & drink, and probably pass out by 10:00. That's what happened last time. I plan to be less naughty this go-round, especially since I didn't enjoy the personal aftermath of the last party. I mean, I really didn't enjoy it. I'm a little nervous, having the boss over and everything. I hope the concrete dust is under control by then. Unfortunately, we won't be able to use the new patio because the concrete will still be wet. But we can gaze out at the construction debris as we toast each other with our lemon drop martinis. Should be fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laurita said...

I can't wait to see it!

We need to get together and go for an evening walk and have Paul or Kathleen watch the kids...some night when you're not blitzed. Jeez.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Terry Stynes said...

Having the boss over would make me nervous too. I hope it went well for you though.

4:15 PM  
Blogger cookie monster said...

See, if I had my boss round, i'd end up trying to poision the git.

However I shall echo terry and lauritas good wishes!!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

I didn't poison her, Cookie, but I have plenty of naked pictures now. I think they'll come in handy.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home