Life's Little Frustrations, (they just keep a-comin')
I know, I know -- anybody who signs up for the motherhood gig can expect a little poop. In reality, there's a lot of poop. Literally: poop. My youngest is eight years old, and I'm still dealing with it.
Twice today I have had to clean poop off the bathroom floor. Once I was lucky enough to see it and avert disaster, no big deal. One Lysol Sanitizing Wipe and it was history. It was just a little poop, the product of zealous wiping combined with inexperience. My son David found the second poop. It was in the kids' bathroom. He stepped in it, and immediately wiped his foot on the brand new, snow white bathroom rug.
And then there's the teenager. She is starting on medication for ADD tomorrow. This is the last straw. If it doesn't help, I give up. This morning, I said, "Anna, here's a written excuse for your doctor's appointment. Don't forget it." She forgot it. We got to the doctor and she was complaining about being hungry. I said, "Anna, why didn't you eat your breakfast? You left half of it on the table." She thought she ate it. Tonight at 7:30 pm, I was driving her to dance. She said, "I need a compass for school tomorrow." I asked her why she waited until the night beforehand to tell me. "I forgot."
And what about the "To-Do" list that is accumulating for Paul? Every year during tax season there is some major home repair that needs to be done, but must wait until he is free. This year it's the wooden fence. I knew it was about to go. I called the fence company and they came out and confirmed that it was toast. They gave me a bid for a new one, but informed me that there's a two-week waiting period once you accept the bid. Earlier this week I walked outside to find a huge section of the fence lying in my driveway. We were unable to dislodge it completely, so it's still hanging down over the retaining wall of my driveway. It is a very public and humiliating repair, which has to wait because Paul won't accept the bid until he calls the company and complains that the fence didn't last long enough, and demand a discount. Of course, he can't get to that little project until after April 15, which only delays the two-week waiting period. I'm anticipating a citation from the Home Owner's Association any day now.
OH MY GOD! I just now found out that it's a four-day weekend off school this week. See? It just keeps happening. Frustration after frustration! Of course I'm working on Friday! Of course my kids will be completely unsupervised on Friday. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN! Can this really be happening?
Twice today I have had to clean poop off the bathroom floor. Once I was lucky enough to see it and avert disaster, no big deal. One Lysol Sanitizing Wipe and it was history. It was just a little poop, the product of zealous wiping combined with inexperience. My son David found the second poop. It was in the kids' bathroom. He stepped in it, and immediately wiped his foot on the brand new, snow white bathroom rug.
And then there's the teenager. She is starting on medication for ADD tomorrow. This is the last straw. If it doesn't help, I give up. This morning, I said, "Anna, here's a written excuse for your doctor's appointment. Don't forget it." She forgot it. We got to the doctor and she was complaining about being hungry. I said, "Anna, why didn't you eat your breakfast? You left half of it on the table." She thought she ate it. Tonight at 7:30 pm, I was driving her to dance. She said, "I need a compass for school tomorrow." I asked her why she waited until the night beforehand to tell me. "I forgot."
And what about the "To-Do" list that is accumulating for Paul? Every year during tax season there is some major home repair that needs to be done, but must wait until he is free. This year it's the wooden fence. I knew it was about to go. I called the fence company and they came out and confirmed that it was toast. They gave me a bid for a new one, but informed me that there's a two-week waiting period once you accept the bid. Earlier this week I walked outside to find a huge section of the fence lying in my driveway. We were unable to dislodge it completely, so it's still hanging down over the retaining wall of my driveway. It is a very public and humiliating repair, which has to wait because Paul won't accept the bid until he calls the company and complains that the fence didn't last long enough, and demand a discount. Of course, he can't get to that little project until after April 15, which only delays the two-week waiting period. I'm anticipating a citation from the Home Owner's Association any day now.
OH MY GOD! I just now found out that it's a four-day weekend off school this week. See? It just keeps happening. Frustration after frustration! Of course I'm working on Friday! Of course my kids will be completely unsupervised on Friday. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN! Can this really be happening?

4 Comments:
hang in there super-mom!
Tax season is over. You can breathe again.
You are such a great mother. But yes, when it rains, it pours.
Love
Frida
When my son was 3 and still potty training, he pooped in my shoe.
In.
My.
Shoe.
My mom never stopped laughing, and it's still the family joke. Sigh.
ADD causes memory issues like that? I wonder if my daughter is ADD too! She's always forgetting to bring things home from school, from her dad's house, or impt. stuff at school that she needed to inform me about. Bleh.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home