Sunday, August 17, 2008

End of Summer Vacation

I miss my iPod! WAH! It just stopped working. No warning...no slow fizzle. I didn't drop it, it didn't get wet, it just stopped. I have an appointment tomorrow at 9:15 to see if it can be fixed. One thing for sure: I can't live without it.

Kathleen is having her back-to-school party today. Actually it started last night, and it continues this morning. She had five friends spend the night. They are the cutest, sweetest girls on the planet. What a wonderful feeling to know that nobody is going to come up to me in tears because somebody else is being mean. For all I care, Kathleen could invite this group over every weekend, they are that good.

Anyway, here it is, the last day of summer vacation. We have to pick up packs of school supplies this morning and that should be it. As long as everybody can find their new school shoes in the morning, we'll get good to go. And then I can see about getting my iPod fixed.

I have the week off work because of my surgery. After that it's back to the salt mines! Yeehaw! Our government contract was bought out, so I'm hoping I still have a job. Kidding...surely I have a job! But I have to renegotiate my salary. And change insurance. Good times!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurita said...

It's like Christmas eve for you!

Are you going to get new insurance for your family through your job? It's been my experience w/ contract changes that the staff stays...unless the contract sucks. Bottom line: I think your job is secure.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home