The St. Agnes Auction 2007
Such a good time last night! The St. Agnes auction never disappoints. Yes...I ate a little too much, but the food was so yummy. And my success was that I didn't have a single beer. Not one! And I think I stayed within my weekly points allowance, as long as I'm careful today.
Anyway, back to the auction. First, what we didn't buy: We didn't buy any toilets! Yay! For several years in a row, we came home with toilets. Not just any toilet, but the Super Flush XL Deluxe Model Toilet. I admit, having a Super Flush when you have four children is a wonderful thing. When your children have a proclivity for using up an entire roll of toilet paper with each poop, you get a little tired of overflowing toilets. The Super Flush Deluxe eliminates that problem. Why? Because the toilet has such a loud flusher that the kids are afraid to flush at all. No flushing = no irritating overflow.
The reason, however, that I hated coming home with toilets was this: My husband never followed through with the designated man-job of installing the Super Flush. Which means I had a big cardboard box containing a Super Flush toilet in my dining room for one solid year. I won't tell you what I had to do to get that thing installed. It involved threats and tantrums and guerilla tactics. Best not to dwell on that now.
So last night I got (drumroll please): Cowboy Boots! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw! Actually I got a very nice gift certificate to Nigro's Western Store which carries a large selection of cowboy boots. I'm going to get a pair of pink or red boots. Unless I see something else I like even more. I'm not exactly a country-western kinda girl, but I've always wanted a pair of really nice cowboy boots and I'm going to get me some! This week.
My husband bid quite a bit to get this gift certificate. It was a pretty penny for him to spend, let me tell you. So I asked him why. Why is he willing to spend so much for a pair of cowboy boots? "Because they're sexy!" he says.
The next item up for bid was a trip to Ireland. "Ireland! That's sexy!" I said. He didn't fall for it.
Anyway, back to the auction. First, what we didn't buy: We didn't buy any toilets! Yay! For several years in a row, we came home with toilets. Not just any toilet, but the Super Flush XL Deluxe Model Toilet. I admit, having a Super Flush when you have four children is a wonderful thing. When your children have a proclivity for using up an entire roll of toilet paper with each poop, you get a little tired of overflowing toilets. The Super Flush Deluxe eliminates that problem. Why? Because the toilet has such a loud flusher that the kids are afraid to flush at all. No flushing = no irritating overflow.
The reason, however, that I hated coming home with toilets was this: My husband never followed through with the designated man-job of installing the Super Flush. Which means I had a big cardboard box containing a Super Flush toilet in my dining room for one solid year. I won't tell you what I had to do to get that thing installed. It involved threats and tantrums and guerilla tactics. Best not to dwell on that now.
So last night I got (drumroll please): Cowboy Boots! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw! Actually I got a very nice gift certificate to Nigro's Western Store which carries a large selection of cowboy boots. I'm going to get a pair of pink or red boots. Unless I see something else I like even more. I'm not exactly a country-western kinda girl, but I've always wanted a pair of really nice cowboy boots and I'm going to get me some! This week.
My husband bid quite a bit to get this gift certificate. It was a pretty penny for him to spend, let me tell you. So I asked him why. Why is he willing to spend so much for a pair of cowboy boots? "Because they're sexy!" he says.
The next item up for bid was a trip to Ireland. "Ireland! That's sexy!" I said. He didn't fall for it.

3 Comments:
Your husband is so cute in how he like to dress you! Kidding...I'm glad he bought into the cowboy fantasy. Let's see if he asks for spurs.
spurs? as in Tottenham?
I would also go for pink or red!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home