Pete & Bird, Sitting in a Tree...
The house is a mess. I hate it when my house is messy, but instead of cleaning, I'm sitting here blogging. What does that tell you?
I'll tell you what it should tell you:
It should tell you that Juanita has finally gotten smart. It's a four-day weekend and the kids are still home. What's the point of knocking myself out cleaning up when the kids are around? Cleaning while the kids are home is like shoveling during a blizzard. It's pointless! So instead, I'm going to try and relax and enjoy this day.
We had a blessed event this weekend. That's right, there's a new member of the family! The newest member is Pete, the bird. Pete is a little blue, white and black parakeet that my sister-in-law gave to us. After her kids went to college, she grew tired of caring for poor little Pete, and now he's ours. I'm quite thrilled about Pete. He's very cute and Bird wanted a friend so badly. In fact, Bird is already in love with Pete. She keeps climbing out of her cage to go visit Pete. They still have their own cages for now, but I think they'll be cohabitating soon enough. Pete is a very healthy looking guy. In fact, I think he's a little narcissist, always preening himself and looking in the mirror. Sadly, Bird looks like the sickly little runt she is when compared to Pete. Poor Bird. We knew she was the runt when we picked her out. Not only is she skinny and runtly, but she has managed to turn herself neon yellow from pecking at the new banana-flavored cuttle bone we got her. I tried giving her a shower, but the yellow seems to be permanent.
The other big news of the weekend...SPRING HAS COME! OK, that might be a bit premature. But the six-week sub-zero cold spell finally broke. On Saturday it was 20 degrees with 50 mph winds, then suddenly it was 60 degrees on Sunday. The snow was melting so fast that the gutters were full of fast-running water. It was glorious! The kids made a giant snow fort in the front yard, and they didn't even need to wear coats. This week is supposed to be beautiful, at last! We might see the end of this permafrost soon.
Week 8 of the diet has begun. That's a long time! I'm proud that I'm still going strong although the progress is slow, at least it's steady. Another 1/2 pound this week, gone. I hope things will begin moving faster now that the snow is melting. It will be easier for me to get out and walk. If I can just lose another 15 pounds before summer, I'll be ecstatic.
I'll tell you what it should tell you:
It should tell you that Juanita has finally gotten smart. It's a four-day weekend and the kids are still home. What's the point of knocking myself out cleaning up when the kids are around? Cleaning while the kids are home is like shoveling during a blizzard. It's pointless! So instead, I'm going to try and relax and enjoy this day.
We had a blessed event this weekend. That's right, there's a new member of the family! The newest member is Pete, the bird. Pete is a little blue, white and black parakeet that my sister-in-law gave to us. After her kids went to college, she grew tired of caring for poor little Pete, and now he's ours. I'm quite thrilled about Pete. He's very cute and Bird wanted a friend so badly. In fact, Bird is already in love with Pete. She keeps climbing out of her cage to go visit Pete. They still have their own cages for now, but I think they'll be cohabitating soon enough. Pete is a very healthy looking guy. In fact, I think he's a little narcissist, always preening himself and looking in the mirror. Sadly, Bird looks like the sickly little runt she is when compared to Pete. Poor Bird. We knew she was the runt when we picked her out. Not only is she skinny and runtly, but she has managed to turn herself neon yellow from pecking at the new banana-flavored cuttle bone we got her. I tried giving her a shower, but the yellow seems to be permanent.
The other big news of the weekend...SPRING HAS COME! OK, that might be a bit premature. But the six-week sub-zero cold spell finally broke. On Saturday it was 20 degrees with 50 mph winds, then suddenly it was 60 degrees on Sunday. The snow was melting so fast that the gutters were full of fast-running water. It was glorious! The kids made a giant snow fort in the front yard, and they didn't even need to wear coats. This week is supposed to be beautiful, at last! We might see the end of this permafrost soon.
Week 8 of the diet has begun. That's a long time! I'm proud that I'm still going strong although the progress is slow, at least it's steady. Another 1/2 pound this week, gone. I hope things will begin moving faster now that the snow is melting. It will be easier for me to get out and walk. If I can just lose another 15 pounds before summer, I'll be ecstatic.

7 Comments:
You'll lose the 15lbs no problem!!! Keep going at the pace you're at...the slower you lose it, the higher chances are it'll stay off!
I saw a flower bud coming up in my garden!
Oh wasnt today just the best! No coat was sooooo nice. Pete sounds cool will there be repetes?!
well if you now have 2 birds in the house you wont go short of eggs for breakfast eh?
Cookie, you're sick. You sound just like my husband. And no, Baron, no reptiles. I have to draw the line.
sick? whats worng with fancying a fried egg for brekkie? i didnt say fried bird did i? although now ive said that i DO fancy a KFC!
Now that you mention it, Cook, I always feel a little guilty eating poultry of any kind around the birds. And Baron, I mis-read. Yes, I'm afraid there might be a Re-Pete.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home