My New Book Club
This is a short post because I'm working today, but I wanted Kairu to know about my new book club, because it was her idea -- whether she knows it or not.
Yesterday I bought two copies of "Anna Karenina." I gave one to my teenager and I kept one for myself. We have both started it, and so far, we are both delighted. There is far more humor than I expected in the first few chapters. I don't have such a good feeling about the ending, (primarily because I remember seeing it on PBS when I was a kid. It made a lasting impression to be sure.)
Anyway, I have yet to meet Anna; so far Stepan and Dolly, Kitty and Levin are the story, but I'll keep you posted.
Yesterday I bought two copies of "Anna Karenina." I gave one to my teenager and I kept one for myself. We have both started it, and so far, we are both delighted. There is far more humor than I expected in the first few chapters. I don't have such a good feeling about the ending, (primarily because I remember seeing it on PBS when I was a kid. It made a lasting impression to be sure.)
Anyway, I have yet to meet Anna; so far Stepan and Dolly, Kitty and Levin are the story, but I'll keep you posted.
Labels: Anna Karenina

5 Comments:
Cool. That's a good way to foster a relationship with your daughter, the reader!
Ha! That's fantastic!
Meanwhile I'm curled up on the sofa with an Agatha Christie...
I've never read that one.
That's just wonderful. I read Anna Karenina in my last year of grad school. I was working full-time and going to school at night and I just wanted to read a real book rather than assigned reading. I loved it. And I didn't flunk out. It's really a great novel, even though you have the whole slasher movie/opera romance meme (she kisses or sleeps with the guy/then she dies), which I don't like much. Enjoy.
Hey - that's what I'm reading at the moment! - I'm halfway through. I've always wanted to read it and I'm really enjoying it - it's an excellent book.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home