Another Garden Pic
This is another picture from my garden. It's a perennial geranium, also known as "bloody cranesbill." There's some salvia in the background. I'm loving my new camera. These are the close-ups I was dying to get, but unable to before Paul gave me the new camera at Christmas.
We had a great family evening last night. Paul and I walked up to the ice cream store with the kids after dark. It's about a mile there and back, maybe a little more. The little guys rode their scooters most of the way. I was nervous, since it was dark, about the potential for one of the boys to get hit by a car. I'm always nervous about crap like that. We were walking and riding in the street since the sidewalks are too bumpy for scooter riding.
At one point, a car was coming, so we yelled for David to get out of the street. My David exists in his own little world sometimes. I think he has too many creative and brilliant ideas rattling around in his little head. Anyway, the car was approaching and he freezes...and then he darts directly in the path of the oncoming car. Granted, he was headed for the sidewalk as instructed, but there was a sidewalk on the other side of the street that wouldn't have been in the path of the oncoming car.
Fortunately, he made it safely across before the car had a chance to mow him down. Anna's boyfriend was walking with us, and he made this observation: "David just had a squirrel moment." That cracked me up big time.

1 Comments:
It's good to know our little David is still with us!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home