Not Feelin' It, Or Am I?
Hey y'all. I haven't posted for a long time because I'm just not feelin' it! I don't know -- maybe it's because I'm so damn busy all the time. Paul has over-committed us and between all four kids, we now have 17 practices per week. That is not a typo. So the weeknights are completely booked, and the weekends are full of various games and tournaments.
I'm not a happy camper.
But I was inspired to write an entry after reading one of the greatest bloggers of all: Kairu. Dang, girl, you are such a writer! There's another really good blog to which I've become addicted, written by Carlos of Chicago. He never posts on my blog, so you can't click on him. If I had half a brain, I'd link you. But as is, you're S.O.L.
And then there's Laurita. What can I say? Sistah, I love your blog. And Jovi? What happened to you? Does a random attack by some dumbass rob us all of your superb witticisms forever?
Anyhoo.
We've got our annual mice problem. Every September they come. This year, we've taken a new approach. Paul sat our boys down, showed them how to catch mice, and then he put a bounty on their little mousey heads. The boys earn a dollar for each mouse they catch. Every day they set their little traps. Every morning they go check them. And if they find a mouse, they know how to dispose of it. I would never have guessed they were capable of such responsibility! Taking the life of a small mouse and savoring every moment. Maybe my Little MJ really is 100% man.
My nephew Michael was married last weekend. What a fabulous event. Not super fancy, not overly elaborate...it was just a fun-filled family love-fest. The bride's family came from all four corners of the United States, kicked our family's ass in the traditional Mogen-David chug-a-lug contest (I think the new Mad-Dog flavor, keylime-kiwi threw us off our game.) Michael and his new wife, Colleen, were radiant with happiness. It was fantastic. At the reception, we danced til we dropped. Little MJ used every single SpongeBob dance move, including the worm. It was awesome.
I hosted book club this week. I didn't have a single book to recommend. Why? Because I'm too damn busy to read, and I haven't read anything in ages. I solicited nominations, and we're reading "Loving Frank" about Frank Lloyd Wright. I hope it's decent. I served a lovely dinner, if I do say so myself: Enchilada casserole, spinach-bacon salad with home made dressing, watermelon, chips with salsa & guacamole, and my favorite lemon torte from Andres. Wowza, it was yummy.
Work is still pissing me off. Our new contract sucks. After cutting all our pay, requiring me to work more hours, they have come out with a new edict. We are required to work evenings and weekends without pay. That's right. They are having mandatory training sessions "conveniently" scheduled for evenings and weekends, and they will not reimburse us for that time. Well guess what! My sister in law is an attorney who specializes in employement law. Take THAT! I hope to take some action to rectify this sad situation.
And that's the news from Lake KC-B-Gone. Where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average. Or something like that.
I'm not a happy camper.
But I was inspired to write an entry after reading one of the greatest bloggers of all: Kairu. Dang, girl, you are such a writer! There's another really good blog to which I've become addicted, written by Carlos of Chicago. He never posts on my blog, so you can't click on him. If I had half a brain, I'd link you. But as is, you're S.O.L.
And then there's Laurita. What can I say? Sistah, I love your blog. And Jovi? What happened to you? Does a random attack by some dumbass rob us all of your superb witticisms forever?
Anyhoo.
We've got our annual mice problem. Every September they come. This year, we've taken a new approach. Paul sat our boys down, showed them how to catch mice, and then he put a bounty on their little mousey heads. The boys earn a dollar for each mouse they catch. Every day they set their little traps. Every morning they go check them. And if they find a mouse, they know how to dispose of it. I would never have guessed they were capable of such responsibility! Taking the life of a small mouse and savoring every moment. Maybe my Little MJ really is 100% man.
My nephew Michael was married last weekend. What a fabulous event. Not super fancy, not overly elaborate...it was just a fun-filled family love-fest. The bride's family came from all four corners of the United States, kicked our family's ass in the traditional Mogen-David chug-a-lug contest (I think the new Mad-Dog flavor, keylime-kiwi threw us off our game.) Michael and his new wife, Colleen, were radiant with happiness. It was fantastic. At the reception, we danced til we dropped. Little MJ used every single SpongeBob dance move, including the worm. It was awesome.
I hosted book club this week. I didn't have a single book to recommend. Why? Because I'm too damn busy to read, and I haven't read anything in ages. I solicited nominations, and we're reading "Loving Frank" about Frank Lloyd Wright. I hope it's decent. I served a lovely dinner, if I do say so myself: Enchilada casserole, spinach-bacon salad with home made dressing, watermelon, chips with salsa & guacamole, and my favorite lemon torte from Andres. Wowza, it was yummy.
Work is still pissing me off. Our new contract sucks. After cutting all our pay, requiring me to work more hours, they have come out with a new edict. We are required to work evenings and weekends without pay. That's right. They are having mandatory training sessions "conveniently" scheduled for evenings and weekends, and they will not reimburse us for that time. Well guess what! My sister in law is an attorney who specializes in employement law. Take THAT! I hope to take some action to rectify this sad situation.
And that's the news from Lake KC-B-Gone. Where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average. Or something like that.

3 Comments:
That is such a Paul idea for catching mice! I LOVE IT! :)
You can link to blogs by going to your Blogger settings...oh never mind...I'll just show you some day.
Jovi's on Facebook. Go to my friends and friend her and Lauren.
Aw. You are so sweet. You are also the only person who reads my blog, or at least, comments on it. If it weren't for you I'd probably stop writing altogether.
Seventeen practices a week? It makes me tired just thinking about it. I think I'll just shut up about how busy I am, and bow down to you supermoms who have to deal with practices and games and tournaments and school runs.
dude...you have too many things going on in your busy life to blog now...and that is 'somewhat' a good thing...right?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home